Naval academy`s new commandant will take over
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan, currently serving as the Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command, will take over as the Commandant of Indian Naval
Academy at Ezhimala in Kerala, on Monday.
A second generation naval officer and an alumnus of National Defence Academy (NDA), Vice Admiral Chauhan has commanded the Navy`s sole aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Navy officials said here on Friday.
He has also served as the Principal Director Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters and was the head of Naval Training Team at Defence Services Staff College.
Admiral Chauhan was appointed as the first Assistant Chief of Naval Staff for Foreign Cooperation and Intelligence to aggregate the international role of Indian Navy.
The officer underwent his early naval training on-board INS Delhi and INS Tir where he emerged as the Best Cadet and First in the Order of Merit as a Midshipman, the officials said.
He has been honoured with Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and was also part of the Fourth Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?