Naval academy`s new commandant will take over
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan, currently serving as the Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command, will take over as the Commandant of Indian Naval
Academy at Ezhimala in Kerala, on Monday.
A second generation naval officer and an alumnus of National Defence Academy (NDA), Vice Admiral Chauhan has commanded the Navy`s sole aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Navy officials said here on Friday.
He has also served as the Principal Director Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters and was the head of Naval Training Team at Defence Services Staff College.
Admiral Chauhan was appointed as the first Assistant Chief of Naval Staff for Foreign Cooperation and Intelligence to aggregate the international role of Indian Navy.
The officer underwent his early naval training on-board INS Delhi and INS Tir where he emerged as the Best Cadet and First in the Order of Merit as a Midshipman, the officials said.
He has been honoured with Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and was also part of the Fourth Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?