Naval academy`s new commandant will take over
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan, currently serving as the Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command, will take over as the Commandant of Indian Naval
Academy at Ezhimala in Kerala, on Monday.
A second generation naval officer and an alumnus of National Defence Academy (NDA), Vice Admiral Chauhan has commanded the Navy`s sole aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Navy officials said here on Friday.
He has also served as the Principal Director Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters and was the head of Naval Training Team at Defence Services Staff College.
Admiral Chauhan was appointed as the first Assistant Chief of Naval Staff for Foreign Cooperation and Intelligence to aggregate the international role of Indian Navy.
The officer underwent his early naval training on-board INS Delhi and INS Tir where he emerged as the Best Cadet and First in the Order of Merit as a Midshipman, the officials said.
He has been honoured with Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and was also part of the Fourth Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'