Naval academy`s new commandant will take over
New Delhi: Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan, currently serving as the Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command, will take over as the Commandant of Indian Naval
Academy at Ezhimala in Kerala, on Monday.
A second generation naval officer and an alumnus of National Defence Academy (NDA), Vice Admiral Chauhan has commanded the Navy`s sole aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Navy officials said here on Friday.
He has also served as the Principal Director Naval Operations at Naval Headquarters and was the head of Naval Training Team at Defence Services Staff College.
Admiral Chauhan was appointed as the first Assistant Chief of Naval Staff for Foreign Cooperation and Intelligence to aggregate the international role of Indian Navy.
The officer underwent his early naval training on-board INS Delhi and INS Tir where he emerged as the Best Cadet and First in the Order of Merit as a Midshipman, the officials said.
He has been honoured with Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) and was also part of the Fourth Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen