Naveen demands strong and timely action against gang-rape culprits
Bhubaneswar: Terming the death of the 23-year-old gangrape victim "tragic", Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday demanded strong and timely action against the culprits.
"The death of the brave girl of Delhi is tragic. Strong and timely actions should be taken against the culprits of this brutal crime," Patnaik told reporters here on his return from the national capital.
Patnaik expressed deepest condolence to the family members of the girl who died in a Singapore hospital early this morning after battling for life for the past 13 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa