Navy employee`s wife `falls` to death from Metro station
New Delhi: A 27-year-old wife of an Indian Navy employee died after she allegedly jumped from the terrace of a Metro station in West Delhi on Friday, police said.
This is the second such incident in as many days after a woman working in a private bank ended her life yesterday in a similar act, at the MG Road Metro station.
Today`s incident took place at Kirti Nagar Metro station at around 12.30 pm. The deceased has been identified as Arti, mother of a 15-month-old child.
She entered the Metro station and suddenly jumped from the terrace to the road, they said. Arti was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital where she died during treatment.
No suicide note was recovered from her, they said, adding that the victim`s family alleged that she was harassed by her in-laws for dowry.
The victim, who was married to Anil Yadav two years ago, resided in Madipur along with her in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore
- 7th Pay Commission: Not appropriate to compare pay hike recommendations with previous ones, says Govt