Navy employee`s wife `falls` to death from Metro station
New Delhi: A 27-year-old wife of an Indian Navy employee died after she allegedly jumped from the terrace of a Metro station in West Delhi on Friday, police said.
This is the second such incident in as many days after a woman working in a private bank ended her life yesterday in a similar act, at the MG Road Metro station.
Today`s incident took place at Kirti Nagar Metro station at around 12.30 pm. The deceased has been identified as Arti, mother of a 15-month-old child.
She entered the Metro station and suddenly jumped from the terrace to the road, they said. Arti was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital where she died during treatment.
No suicide note was recovered from her, they said, adding that the victim`s family alleged that she was harassed by her in-laws for dowry.
The victim, who was married to Anil Yadav two years ago, resided in Madipur along with her in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach