NCM writes to EC over `communal` remarks by AAP`s Kumar Vishwas
New Delhi: Demanding action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas for allegedly hurting religious feelings, National Commission for Minorities (NCM) has written to Election Commission and Delhi Police seeking their intervention in the matter.
Acting on a complaint filed by a Delhi-based lawyer, NCM member Farida Abdulla Khan has asked EC to take action against Vishwas.
Moreover, NCM chairperson Wajahat Habibullah has called upon police to "consider appropriate action under the law".
The lawyer, who has sent a video clipping to NCM backing his charges, has alleged that Vishwas had made statements ridiculing Shia Muslim traditions.
In her letter to EC, Khan said, "The remarks ridicule the time-honoured tradition observed during Muharram by Muslims, especially Shias.
"We have seen the video sent to us and find the remarks extremely offensive and communal and the tone and the tenor derogatory and inappropriate," she told EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing