NCP questions hurry in changing IIT-JEE format
New Delhi: UPA ally NCP on Thursday questioned in
the Rajya Sabha, the government`s hurry in pushing for changes
in the IIT-JEE format for admissions from 2013 without the
consent of the prestigious technical education centres.
"Why the Minister (HRD Minister Kapil Sibal) is in a hurry
to rush it in 2013...without taking the views of stakeholders.
They were never consulted," Tariq Anwar (NCP) demanded to know
raising the issue during the Zero Hour.
He said the senates of IIT-Kanpur and IIT-Delhi have
disapproved of the way the Human Resource Development Ministry
has been pushing for the changes in the test.
"I urged the Minister to look into it and take IITs`
suggestion," he said, adding the institutes were not against
the proposal but against the manner in which issues were
pursued without consulting them.
The government has proposed to change the IIT-JEE format
by introducing two-part objective-type tests and giving
weightage to Class XII marks.
The Ministry plans to hold an Indian Science Engineering
Eligibility Test (ISEET) from 2013. This would serve as a
single national entrance exam for admission to engineering and
science courses in centrally funded institutions such as the
15 IITs, 30 NITs and a host of other technical institutes.
The test will replace the existing IIT-JEE and the All
India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
Highlighting the plight of farmers in the country,
Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala (BJP) said cotton growers have not
been able to export even a bale despite the government lifting
the ban, which had led to suicides by farmers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?