NCP slams Planning Commission for BPL affidavit
New Delhi: `Only meeting, lunch and rest`
seems to be the job of the Planning Commission, a miffed NCP,
which is a constituent of the ruling UPA, on Wednesday said showing
its indignation at the plan body`s affidavit that those
earning upto Rs 32 per day were above poverty line.
"Planning Commission affidavit shows total lack of
sensitivity towards the poor and it has been fortunately
rejected by a Planning Commission member Abhijit Sen and
righly so," NCP general secretary DP Tripathi said.
He recalled that acclaimed Hindi author Shrilal Shukla
in his classic satire Rag Darbari had said "Planning ke teen
kaam, meeting, lunch aur aaram".
"How prophetically correct he was," Triphathi said.
Congress was quick to rebut the ally`s contention saying
the Commission has played a crucial role in nation`s
"If anybody has said that we do not agree to it,"
Congress spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said reacting to NCP`s
Singhvi recalled that the Commission constituted by first
Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru has played a crucial role in
the nation`s development since the country`s independence.
The Congress spokesperson at the same time said that what
was said in the affidavit was "not the last word" and that
there was "no question of taking any positive and sensitive
input" on the issue of BPL benchmarking lightly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!