NCR needs 8 inter-city rail corridors for commuter
New DelhiL: Eight inter-city rail corridors
in NCR are required to facilitate commuters as per a study
report, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"NCR planning Board conducted a study on `Integrated
Transportation Plan for NCR`. The study has identified the
need for eight inter-city rail corridors in NCR to facilitate
commuters," Minister of State in Urban Development Ministry
Saugata Roy said in a written reply.
The total cost of the rail link proposed between Delhi
and neighbouring cities covering a distance of 640 km has been
calculated at Rs 1,41,470 million.
The longest leg of the rail link with 158 km has been
proposed from Delhi to Alwar in Rajasthan covering Gurgaon and
Rewari in Haryana at a cost of Rs 34,100 million.
The shortest link between Delhi and Baraut via Shahdara
at a cost of Rs 12,500 million will cover a distance of 56 km.
The other rail corridors have been proposed to connect
cities such as Meerut, Palwal, Panipat, Khurja, Rohtak, Hapur,
Bahadurgarh and Sonipat.
Replying to another question on Cabinet Committee on
Accommodation (CCA), Roy said, "During the last three years,
the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation has decided 221 cases.
As on date 11 decisions of CCA are pending for implementation
in Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Urban Development."
On whether the decision taken by the CCA can be reviewed,
he said, "In terms of Rule-6 (6) Government of India
(Transaction of Business) Rules 1961, Cabinet may review or
stay the decision taken by the CCA."
However, no CCA decision has been reviewed or stayed
during the last three years by the cabinet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray