NCR needs 8 inter-city rail corridors for commuter
New DelhiL: Eight inter-city rail corridors
in NCR are required to facilitate commuters as per a study
report, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"NCR planning Board conducted a study on `Integrated
Transportation Plan for NCR`. The study has identified the
need for eight inter-city rail corridors in NCR to facilitate
commuters," Minister of State in Urban Development Ministry
Saugata Roy said in a written reply.
The total cost of the rail link proposed between Delhi
and neighbouring cities covering a distance of 640 km has been
calculated at Rs 1,41,470 million.
The longest leg of the rail link with 158 km has been
proposed from Delhi to Alwar in Rajasthan covering Gurgaon and
Rewari in Haryana at a cost of Rs 34,100 million.
The shortest link between Delhi and Baraut via Shahdara
at a cost of Rs 12,500 million will cover a distance of 56 km.
The other rail corridors have been proposed to connect
cities such as Meerut, Palwal, Panipat, Khurja, Rohtak, Hapur,
Bahadurgarh and Sonipat.
Replying to another question on Cabinet Committee on
Accommodation (CCA), Roy said, "During the last three years,
the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation has decided 221 cases.
As on date 11 decisions of CCA are pending for implementation
in Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Urban Development."
On whether the decision taken by the CCA can be reviewed,
he said, "In terms of Rule-6 (6) Government of India
(Transaction of Business) Rules 1961, Cabinet may review or
stay the decision taken by the CCA."
However, no CCA decision has been reviewed or stayed
during the last three years by the cabinet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city