NCR needs 8 inter-city rail corridors for commuter
New DelhiL: Eight inter-city rail corridors
in NCR are required to facilitate commuters as per a study
report, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"NCR planning Board conducted a study on `Integrated
Transportation Plan for NCR`. The study has identified the
need for eight inter-city rail corridors in NCR to facilitate
commuters," Minister of State in Urban Development Ministry
Saugata Roy said in a written reply.
The total cost of the rail link proposed between Delhi
and neighbouring cities covering a distance of 640 km has been
calculated at Rs 1,41,470 million.
The longest leg of the rail link with 158 km has been
proposed from Delhi to Alwar in Rajasthan covering Gurgaon and
Rewari in Haryana at a cost of Rs 34,100 million.
The shortest link between Delhi and Baraut via Shahdara
at a cost of Rs 12,500 million will cover a distance of 56 km.
The other rail corridors have been proposed to connect
cities such as Meerut, Palwal, Panipat, Khurja, Rohtak, Hapur,
Bahadurgarh and Sonipat.
Replying to another question on Cabinet Committee on
Accommodation (CCA), Roy said, "During the last three years,
the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation has decided 221 cases.
As on date 11 decisions of CCA are pending for implementation
in Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Urban Development."
On whether the decision taken by the CCA can be reviewed,
he said, "In terms of Rule-6 (6) Government of India
(Transaction of Business) Rules 1961, Cabinet may review or
stay the decision taken by the CCA."
However, no CCA decision has been reviewed or stayed
during the last three years by the cabinet, he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video