NCR residents demand CAG audit into DND flyway accounts
Noida: Members of Confederation of NCR Residents Welfare Association (CONRWA) on Monday demanded CAG audit into the finances of Delhi Noida Direct Flyway, alleging that the DND management was manipulating the accounts.
The members, who met Union Road, Transport and Highways Oscar Fernandes yesterday on the issue, also demanded the flyway to be made toll-free.
"We met Oscar Fernandes and demanded that the DND flyway accounts should be audited by CAG. The DND management is manipulating the accounts and showing huge losses. The minister has assured us that he will consider our request," CONRWA president PS Jain said.
Jain said the association has also requested to make the expressway toll free as toll plazas led to massive traffic jams causing inconvenience to commuters.
"Developers should be given other options to make income such as advertising or development of commercial sites along the expressway. Through this, they can recover the cost and also maintain the expressway," he said.
"Further, we have requested widening of National Highway 24 and 58 from six to eight lanes in view of the rising traffic volume and congestion being witnessed daily in Indirapuram and Ghaziabad area," said Jain.
AICC general secretary Ajay Maken was also present during the meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- 2016 French Open Day 5: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal reach milestones; Serena Williams romps
- Wow! This is how Mukesh Ambani's home Antilia looks from inside
- Donald Trump reaches the magic number to clinch Republican nomination
- Sexism row: Darren Sammy defends 'entertainer' Chris Gayle
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match