NCR residents demand CAG audit into DND flyway accounts
Noida: Members of Confederation of NCR Residents Welfare Association (CONRWA) on Monday demanded CAG audit into the finances of Delhi Noida Direct Flyway, alleging that the DND management was manipulating the accounts.
The members, who met Union Road, Transport and Highways Oscar Fernandes yesterday on the issue, also demanded the flyway to be made toll-free.
"We met Oscar Fernandes and demanded that the DND flyway accounts should be audited by CAG. The DND management is manipulating the accounts and showing huge losses. The minister has assured us that he will consider our request," CONRWA president PS Jain said.
Jain said the association has also requested to make the expressway toll free as toll plazas led to massive traffic jams causing inconvenience to commuters.
"Developers should be given other options to make income such as advertising or development of commercial sites along the expressway. Through this, they can recover the cost and also maintain the expressway," he said.
"Further, we have requested widening of National Highway 24 and 58 from six to eight lanes in view of the rising traffic volume and congestion being witnessed daily in Indirapuram and Ghaziabad area," said Jain.
AICC general secretary Ajay Maken was also present during the meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family