NCR residents demand CAG audit into DND flyway accounts
Noida: Members of Confederation of NCR Residents Welfare Association (CONRWA) on Monday demanded CAG audit into the finances of Delhi Noida Direct Flyway, alleging that the DND management was manipulating the accounts.
The members, who met Union Road, Transport and Highways Oscar Fernandes yesterday on the issue, also demanded the flyway to be made toll-free.
"We met Oscar Fernandes and demanded that the DND flyway accounts should be audited by CAG. The DND management is manipulating the accounts and showing huge losses. The minister has assured us that he will consider our request," CONRWA president PS Jain said.
Jain said the association has also requested to make the expressway toll free as toll plazas led to massive traffic jams causing inconvenience to commuters.
"Developers should be given other options to make income such as advertising or development of commercial sites along the expressway. Through this, they can recover the cost and also maintain the expressway," he said.
"Further, we have requested widening of National Highway 24 and 58 from six to eight lanes in view of the rising traffic volume and congestion being witnessed daily in Indirapuram and Ghaziabad area," said Jain.
AICC general secretary Ajay Maken was also present during the meeting, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'