NCSC issues arrest warrant against IAS officer
New Delhi: Slamming a senior IAS officer for failing to appear before it, the National Commission for Scheduled Castes on Tuesday issued arrest warrant against him and directed the city police chief to produce the officer before the panel.
The Commission had issued a summons to Secretary Higher Education Ashok Thakur in the HRD Ministry to appear before it for the hearing of a case yesterday.
The hearing of the case could not be held as he failed to appear before it.
"Recording his displeasure upon the disrespect of the Constitutional Authority by non-appearance when summoned, NCSC chairperson P L Punia has ordered the Commissioner of Delhi Police to arrest and produce the Secretary, Higher Education on April 15, 2013 before the Commission," the NCSC said in a statement here.
Thakur was asked to appear before NCSC following a complaint by members of the SC/ST Employee Welfare Association of the Benaras Hindu University (BHU) that university authorities were ignoring reservation policy while filling up vacant posts and granting promotions and other benefits.
They alleged that authorities targeted them for objecting to violation of the reservation policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch