NCSC issues arrest warrant against IAS officer
New Delhi: Slamming a senior IAS officer for failing to appear before it, the National Commission for Scheduled Castes on Tuesday issued arrest warrant against him and directed the city police chief to produce the officer before the panel.
The Commission had issued a summons to Secretary Higher Education Ashok Thakur in the HRD Ministry to appear before it for the hearing of a case yesterday.
The hearing of the case could not be held as he failed to appear before it.
"Recording his displeasure upon the disrespect of the Constitutional Authority by non-appearance when summoned, NCSC chairperson P L Punia has ordered the Commissioner of Delhi Police to arrest and produce the Secretary, Higher Education on April 15, 2013 before the Commission," the NCSC said in a statement here.
Thakur was asked to appear before NCSC following a complaint by members of the SC/ST Employee Welfare Association of the Benaras Hindu University (BHU) that university authorities were ignoring reservation policy while filling up vacant posts and granting promotions and other benefits.
They alleged that authorities targeted them for objecting to violation of the reservation policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj