NCSC issues arrest warrant against IAS officer
New Delhi: Slamming a senior IAS officer for failing to appear before it, the National Commission for Scheduled Castes on Tuesday issued arrest warrant against him and directed the city police chief to produce the officer before the panel.
The Commission had issued a summons to Secretary Higher Education Ashok Thakur in the HRD Ministry to appear before it for the hearing of a case yesterday.
The hearing of the case could not be held as he failed to appear before it.
"Recording his displeasure upon the disrespect of the Constitutional Authority by non-appearance when summoned, NCSC chairperson P L Punia has ordered the Commissioner of Delhi Police to arrest and produce the Secretary, Higher Education on April 15, 2013 before the Commission," the NCSC said in a statement here.
Thakur was asked to appear before NCSC following a complaint by members of the SC/ST Employee Welfare Association of the Benaras Hindu University (BHU) that university authorities were ignoring reservation policy while filling up vacant posts and granting promotions and other benefits.
They alleged that authorities targeted them for objecting to violation of the reservation policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'