NCW to meet those involved in Air India mid-air scuffle
New Delhi: As part of its investigation into the Oct 3 mid-air scuffle and alleged molestation on board an Air India flight, the National Commission for Women (NCW) will Wednesday meet the air hostess, the flight purser and the two pilots involved in the incident.
"Members of the five-member committee constituted by the NCW will meet and take statements from the air hostess, the flight purser and two pilots," an NCW official said.
The 24-year-old air hostess with Air India (domestic) has said the two pilots on flight IC 884, from Sharjah to Delhi via Lucknow, had molested her Oct 3. She complained to the NCW Oct 5. The commission, in turn, sought a report from Air India and Delhi Police on the allegation.
"We have already looked into reports from the police and Air India. We have also received letters from passengers on board the flight about what they saw," NCW chairperson Girija Vyas told reporters Tuesday.
Pilot Ranbir Arora and co-pilot Aditya Chopra were questioned by Delhi Police Tuesday and arrested later. They have been released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement