NCW to meet those involved in Air India mid-air scuffle
New Delhi: As part of its investigation into the Oct 3 mid-air scuffle and alleged molestation on board an Air India flight, the National Commission for Women (NCW) will Wednesday meet the air hostess, the flight purser and the two pilots involved in the incident.
"Members of the five-member committee constituted by the NCW will meet and take statements from the air hostess, the flight purser and two pilots," an NCW official said.
The 24-year-old air hostess with Air India (domestic) has said the two pilots on flight IC 884, from Sharjah to Delhi via Lucknow, had molested her Oct 3. She complained to the NCW Oct 5. The commission, in turn, sought a report from Air India and Delhi Police on the allegation.
"We have already looked into reports from the police and Air India. We have also received letters from passengers on board the flight about what they saw," NCW chairperson Girija Vyas told reporters Tuesday.
Pilot Ranbir Arora and co-pilot Aditya Chopra were questioned by Delhi Police Tuesday and arrested later. They have been released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?