ND Tiwari’s paternity row: Hearing to start on Jan 28
New Delhi: The proceedings in the paternity suit of 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar seeking to declare veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari as his biological father will commence from January 28 with the cross examination of his mother Ujwala Sharma.
Bimla Makin, a former Additional District Judge who has been appointed as Local Commissioner by the High Court to conduct day-to-day hearing in the case, on Monday adjourned the proceedings as she could not get the judicial records.
She then listed the matter on January 28, 29 and 30 for cross-examination of Ujwala Sharma by Tiwari`s lawyer.
The Local Commissioner asked Shekhar to file his statement on January 29. His cross-examination would be conducted on February 4, 5 and 6 by Tiwari`s lawyer.
Earlier, the day-to-day hearing was ordered by the High Court after 88-year-old Tiwari refused to settle it.
"With the consent of all the parties, matter is adjourned to January 28, 29 and 30 at 2.30 pm and February 4, 5 and 6 at 2.30 pm for recording of her (Ujwala) cross examination and statement of any other witness to be recorded on behalf of plaintiff (Shekhar)," Makin said.
In response to a suggestion that the DNA test result is a conclusive kind of evidence and the matter can be settled, the counsel for Tiwari said he would contest it as there was a possibility that the medical evidence may not be accurate.
The high court on July 27, last year had read out the DNA report that had declared Tiwari as Rohit`s biological father.
Tiwari had given blood sample for the DNA test on May 29 in Dehradun following an apex court order in the case, after repeatedly declining to undergoing the test.
Tiwari`s pleas were objected to by 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar, who had filed the paternity suit in 2008, claiming the veteran Congress leader to be his biological father. Tiwari had refuted Shekhar`s claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in