ND Tiwari’s paternity row: Hearing to start on Jan 28
New Delhi: The proceedings in the paternity suit of 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar seeking to declare veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari as his biological father will commence from January 28 with the cross examination of his mother Ujwala Sharma.
Bimla Makin, a former Additional District Judge who has been appointed as Local Commissioner by the High Court to conduct day-to-day hearing in the case, on Monday adjourned the proceedings as she could not get the judicial records.
She then listed the matter on January 28, 29 and 30 for cross-examination of Ujwala Sharma by Tiwari`s lawyer.
The Local Commissioner asked Shekhar to file his statement on January 29. His cross-examination would be conducted on February 4, 5 and 6 by Tiwari`s lawyer.
Earlier, the day-to-day hearing was ordered by the High Court after 88-year-old Tiwari refused to settle it.
"With the consent of all the parties, matter is adjourned to January 28, 29 and 30 at 2.30 pm and February 4, 5 and 6 at 2.30 pm for recording of her (Ujwala) cross examination and statement of any other witness to be recorded on behalf of plaintiff (Shekhar)," Makin said.
In response to a suggestion that the DNA test result is a conclusive kind of evidence and the matter can be settled, the counsel for Tiwari said he would contest it as there was a possibility that the medical evidence may not be accurate.
The high court on July 27, last year had read out the DNA report that had declared Tiwari as Rohit`s biological father.
Tiwari had given blood sample for the DNA test on May 29 in Dehradun following an apex court order in the case, after repeatedly declining to undergoing the test.
Tiwari`s pleas were objected to by 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar, who had filed the paternity suit in 2008, claiming the veteran Congress leader to be his biological father. Tiwari had refuted Shekhar`s claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur