NDA govt following UPA policies: Prasant Bhushan
New Delhi: Noted lawyer Prasant Bhushan on Friday charged that the NDA government with following the policies of previous UPA regime to target activists.
The senior Aam Aadmi party AAP leader was addressing a press conference on the rights of forest dwellers, who are against the proposed coal mine in Mahan forests of Singrauli in Madhya Pradesh.
"With the new Government coming with a majority of their own perhaps these kinds of corporate interests have got emboldened that now they can push through this strangulation of activists... Essentially the same policy, which the UPA Government had initiated is apparently being pursued," he told reporters here.
Bhushan further stated that it was too early to judge whether the new Government would push through the corporate interests.
"It`s a bit early to judge this Government except from the release of the IB report and this kind of stray actions. We have to wait and watch and observe this Government as to whether they equally or more aggressively push the corporate interests as the UPA Government was pushing," he added.
Speaking on the occasion, Madhu Sarin, Member of Mahan Sangharsh Samiti, which is leading a movement against the proposed coal mine, said that the critical implementation of the Forest Rights Act has not been implemented in Mahan.
Priya Pillai, Senior Campaigner of Greenpeace India said that Greenpeace was supporting the Mahan Sangharsh Samiti by amplifying their voices and providing information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’