NDA govt following UPA policies: Prasant Bhushan
New Delhi: Noted lawyer Prasant Bhushan on Friday charged that the NDA government with following the policies of previous UPA regime to target activists.
The senior Aam Aadmi party AAP leader was addressing a press conference on the rights of forest dwellers, who are against the proposed coal mine in Mahan forests of Singrauli in Madhya Pradesh.
"With the new Government coming with a majority of their own perhaps these kinds of corporate interests have got emboldened that now they can push through this strangulation of activists... Essentially the same policy, which the UPA Government had initiated is apparently being pursued," he told reporters here.
Bhushan further stated that it was too early to judge whether the new Government would push through the corporate interests.
"It`s a bit early to judge this Government except from the release of the IB report and this kind of stray actions. We have to wait and watch and observe this Government as to whether they equally or more aggressively push the corporate interests as the UPA Government was pushing," he added.
Speaking on the occasion, Madhu Sarin, Member of Mahan Sangharsh Samiti, which is leading a movement against the proposed coal mine, said that the critical implementation of the Forest Rights Act has not been implemented in Mahan.
Priya Pillai, Senior Campaigner of Greenpeace India said that Greenpeace was supporting the Mahan Sangharsh Samiti by amplifying their voices and providing information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo