NDA govt following UPA policies: Prasant Bhushan
New Delhi: Noted lawyer Prasant Bhushan on Friday charged that the NDA government with following the policies of previous UPA regime to target activists.
The senior Aam Aadmi party AAP leader was addressing a press conference on the rights of forest dwellers, who are against the proposed coal mine in Mahan forests of Singrauli in Madhya Pradesh.
"With the new Government coming with a majority of their own perhaps these kinds of corporate interests have got emboldened that now they can push through this strangulation of activists... Essentially the same policy, which the UPA Government had initiated is apparently being pursued," he told reporters here.
Bhushan further stated that it was too early to judge whether the new Government would push through the corporate interests.
"It`s a bit early to judge this Government except from the release of the IB report and this kind of stray actions. We have to wait and watch and observe this Government as to whether they equally or more aggressively push the corporate interests as the UPA Government was pushing," he added.
Speaking on the occasion, Madhu Sarin, Member of Mahan Sangharsh Samiti, which is leading a movement against the proposed coal mine, said that the critical implementation of the Forest Rights Act has not been implemented in Mahan.
Priya Pillai, Senior Campaigner of Greenpeace India said that Greenpeace was supporting the Mahan Sangharsh Samiti by amplifying their voices and providing information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!