NDA Ministers to occupy new bungalows by month-end
New Delhi: Several new Union Ministers will be able to move in to their allotted bungalows by the end of this month after repair work is completed in about 25 houses vacated by previous occupants.
"Some 25 bungalows occupied by UPA Ministers have been vacated and handed over to us. It will take about two-three weeks to complete the ongoing repair work including white wash and then these will be ready for new allottees to occupy," CPWD Director General VK Gupta said here on Saturday.
Directorate of Estate has allotted Type VIII and Type VII bungalows to total 35 Ministers out of which nine would continue to stay in their old addresses as these have been regularised.
Almost all senior Ministers including Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Civial Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju have been allotted houses.
Gupta said since all these Lutyens` zone bungalows have become very old, these will be demolished and reconstructed in a phased manner.
There are 516 bungalows in the Lutyens` zone which were constructed more than 80 years ago.
The reconstruction of Type VIII and Type VII bungalows are estimated to cost about Rs 3082 crore, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters