NDA Ministers to occupy new bungalows by month-end
New Delhi: Several new Union Ministers will be able to move in to their allotted bungalows by the end of this month after repair work is completed in about 25 houses vacated by previous occupants.
"Some 25 bungalows occupied by UPA Ministers have been vacated and handed over to us. It will take about two-three weeks to complete the ongoing repair work including white wash and then these will be ready for new allottees to occupy," CPWD Director General VK Gupta said here on Saturday.
Directorate of Estate has allotted Type VIII and Type VII bungalows to total 35 Ministers out of which nine would continue to stay in their old addresses as these have been regularised.
Almost all senior Ministers including Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Civial Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju have been allotted houses.
Gupta said since all these Lutyens` zone bungalows have become very old, these will be demolished and reconstructed in a phased manner.
There are 516 bungalows in the Lutyens` zone which were constructed more than 80 years ago.
The reconstruction of Type VIII and Type VII bungalows are estimated to cost about Rs 3082 crore, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand