NDA scam: CBI might question Lt Gen Jatinder Singh
New Delhi: After getting Defence Ministry`s nod to probe the alleged role of former NDA commandant Lt Gen Jatinder Singh in the recruitment scam, the CBI is likely to question him soon in connection with the case.
Singh was earlier transferred out of the National Defence Academy by the Defence Ministry after the CBI booked its six employees including the staff officer of the commandant for allegedly taking bribes from candidates appearing for the subordinate jobs including that of gardeners and cooks.
CBI sources said that they had sought the permission of the ministry to probe the role of Singh after his staff officer was allegedly found involved in the scam which has been granted.
The agency is now planning to question Singh in connection with the case, sources said.
The agency had arrested Staff Officer Colonel Kulbir Singh along with five others for allegedly receiving bribe from candidates during a recruitment drive at the NDA.
The CBI has alleged that Col Singh in conspiracy with the other accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh from each candidate for appointing them as subordinate staff like cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderlies.
The accused persons had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers, it said.
Establishment Officer of NDA Suhas Shankar Waghmare was one of the six arrested by CBI over allegations that he had taken money from over 15 candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University