NDA to add Swamy`s Janata Party as ally
New Delhi: NDA on Sunday decided to take into its fold Janata Party headed by Subramnian Swamy, taking its number of allies to six.
The decision to include Janata Party as an ally was taken at a meeting of NDA floor leaders ahead of the Budget Session at the residence of BJP veteran L K Advani here.
"Swamy was keen to join the alliance and had been meeting the NDA leaders," senior BJP leader S S Ahluwalia told reporters after the meeting.
With this addition, the number of NDA allies will rise to six. The other five constituents of the combine are BJP, JD-U, Shiromani Akali Dal, Shiv Sena and Ramdas Athawale-led Republican Party of India (A).
Athawale and Swamy were not part of the meeting as only floor leaders of the NDA were invited. The two parties have no representation in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read