NDMC announces new council
New Delhi: The new council for the New Delhi
Municipal Council (NDMC) was announced on Tuesday, the first such
exercise after the delimitation.
Parimal Rai will continue to be the Chairperson while
Tajdar Babbar will continue as Vice Chairperson.
Three MLAs from the NDMC area, including Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit, are the members of the new council.
The other two MLAs are Ashok Ahuja and Karan Singh
The notification was expected as the five-year term of
the current council expired on Tuesday.
Apart from the Chairperson, there are two nominees of
Delhi government, two of the union urban development ministry
and one from the ministry of home affairs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani