NDMC demand for rollback of parking fee hike rejected
New Delhi: Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna has refused to entertain the twin demands of North Delhi Municipal Corporation - to take back its order regarding hike in parking fee and involving councillors in booking of community halls.
In a letter to leader of the house in NDMC Mahendra Nagpal, the Lt Governor`s office has stated that the decision regarding booking of community halls was taken in consultation with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Urban Development Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely.
"We have already informed the esteemed councillors that these decisions were taken after recommendation made by the CM," the letter stated.
Following complaints of irregularities in booking of community halls for social functions, Khanna had issued an order disallowing councillors to have any say in the process.
"Regarding the parking fee, the decision was taken only after consultations with the committee set up by the Supreme Court as well as the concerned department," the letter stated.
Nagpal, however struck a defiant note saying NDMC will never accept these decisions.
"People have elected us and we answer to them. We will not implement these ideas...This is just another attempt by the Delhi government to take away the powers of civic bodies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!