NDMC demand for rollback of parking fee hike rejected
New Delhi: Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna has refused to entertain the twin demands of North Delhi Municipal Corporation - to take back its order regarding hike in parking fee and involving councillors in booking of community halls.
In a letter to leader of the house in NDMC Mahendra Nagpal, the Lt Governor`s office has stated that the decision regarding booking of community halls was taken in consultation with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Urban Development Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely.
"We have already informed the esteemed councillors that these decisions were taken after recommendation made by the CM," the letter stated.
Following complaints of irregularities in booking of community halls for social functions, Khanna had issued an order disallowing councillors to have any say in the process.
"Regarding the parking fee, the decision was taken only after consultations with the committee set up by the Supreme Court as well as the concerned department," the letter stated.
Nagpal, however struck a defiant note saying NDMC will never accept these decisions.
"People have elected us and we answer to them. We will not implement these ideas...This is just another attempt by the Delhi government to take away the powers of civic bodies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net