NDMC demand for rollback of parking fee hike rejected
New Delhi: Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna has refused to entertain the twin demands of North Delhi Municipal Corporation - to take back its order regarding hike in parking fee and involving councillors in booking of community halls.
In a letter to leader of the house in NDMC Mahendra Nagpal, the Lt Governor`s office has stated that the decision regarding booking of community halls was taken in consultation with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Urban Development Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely.
"We have already informed the esteemed councillors that these decisions were taken after recommendation made by the CM," the letter stated.
Following complaints of irregularities in booking of community halls for social functions, Khanna had issued an order disallowing councillors to have any say in the process.
"Regarding the parking fee, the decision was taken only after consultations with the committee set up by the Supreme Court as well as the concerned department," the letter stated.
Nagpal, however struck a defiant note saying NDMC will never accept these decisions.
"People have elected us and we answer to them. We will not implement these ideas...This is just another attempt by the Delhi government to take away the powers of civic bodies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what