NDMC employee gets 7 yrs jail for daughter’s rape
New Delhi: Terming the offence as "ghastly",
a Delhi court today awarded seven years jail term to an
employee of civic body NDMC for raping several times his
17-year-old daughter after the death of her mother.
Additional Sessions Judge Arun Kumar Arya, who also
imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 on convict Gugan, said "the defence
has failed to bring on record any cogent reason as to why a
daughter would depose against her father with such a serious
Seeking deterrent punishment for the convict, the public
prosecutor said "these kind of offences shake the confidence
of society at large ... She is looked as disgraced and
An FIR was lodged at Sangam Vihar police station on June
22, 2007, on the complaint of the victim who first divulged
the offence to a neighbour.
The victim, in her statements to the police and in the
court, had said his father had raped her after the death of
The court rejected the plea of the accused that he has
been implicated at the instance of his neighbour.
Relying on the testimony of the victim and medical
evidence confirming the offence, it said "she was coherent
and stable at the time of examination."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed