NDMC Mayor Election on April 8
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation will elect a new mayor and deputy mayor on April 08, the office of Municipal Secretary said on Thursday.
The date for filing the nominations for the posts has been fixed from April 01 to April 05.
According to provisions under Sub-Section (1) of Section 35 of the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957, the Corporation shall at its first meeting in each year elect one of its members to be the Mayor and another member to be the Deputy Mayor of the Corporation.
The one-year tenure of Mayor Meera Agrawal and Deputy Mayor Azad Singh will come to an end next month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know