NDMC mid-day meal samples fail calorie, protein tests again
New Delhi: The mid-day meal samples of North Delhi Municipal Corporation have once again failed to pass the calorie and protein test, four months after the problem was first discovered.
According to information made available to the Standing Committee today, only six out of 36 samples passed the test for requisite amount of protein in the midday meal served to primary school children.
Also, in terms of calories, only three out of 36 samples were found to be fit.
Three NGOs provide midday meal to school children in NDMC areas, namely Surya Charitable Welfare Society, Maitri Research and Development Foundation and Strishakti. Over four lakh students from 765 primary and 19 nursery schools are served the food every day.
When asked what is being done to rectify the situation, the education department told the Committee members that a letter requesting further direction on the matter has been sent to the Delhi government.
"The directorate of education, Delhi government is the nodal agency in this regard and we have written a letter to them pointing out the deficiencies and asked for directions in the matter," the reply stated.
In March, it was found that only seven out of 80 samples of midday meal samples in the past one year passed the minimum requirements for both adequate protein and calorie content. Even then, the North Corporation had been assured that efforts were being made to address the situation.
"The government is working to improve the menu and as soon as we receive the guidelines in the case, we will implement them," Commissioner PK Gupta had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof