NDMC seals illegal multi-storey complex in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation on Wednesday sealed an illegally built multi-storey commercial complex in Karol Bagh area after its attempt to demolish the structure met with public resistance, officials said.
"An illegally constructed four-storey complex comprising 48 shops and spread over 400 sq yards was sealed today in West Extension Area Karol Bagh ....Due to public resistance, the building had to be sealed instead of being demolished," NDMC Public Relation Officer Yogendra Singh Mann said.
"The building plan was sanctioned for residential property but it had been developed into a commercial complex. The sealing action was taken with the help of local police by giving the eviction notice of 24 hours to the occupiers," Mann said.
In addition to the latest sealing, the NDMC has in the last one week, demolished 12 illegal properties in Rohini and Karol Bagh Zones put together.
In Rohini Zone four properties in Rohini area, two in Paschim Vihar, one each in Prashant Vihar, Mongolpur Kalan, Shalimar Bagh and Pitampura areas have been demolished.
In Karol Bagh Zone, a property each have been demolished in Bhagwas Das Nagar and Kailash Park areas while a property in Inderpuri has been sealed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users