NDMC seals illegal multi-storey complex in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation on Wednesday sealed an illegally built multi-storey commercial complex in Karol Bagh area after its attempt to demolish the structure met with public resistance, officials said.
"An illegally constructed four-storey complex comprising 48 shops and spread over 400 sq yards was sealed today in West Extension Area Karol Bagh ....Due to public resistance, the building had to be sealed instead of being demolished," NDMC Public Relation Officer Yogendra Singh Mann said.
"The building plan was sanctioned for residential property but it had been developed into a commercial complex. The sealing action was taken with the help of local police by giving the eviction notice of 24 hours to the occupiers," Mann said.
In addition to the latest sealing, the NDMC has in the last one week, demolished 12 illegal properties in Rohini and Karol Bagh Zones put together.
In Rohini Zone four properties in Rohini area, two in Paschim Vihar, one each in Prashant Vihar, Mongolpur Kalan, Shalimar Bagh and Pitampura areas have been demolished.
In Karol Bagh Zone, a property each have been demolished in Bhagwas Das Nagar and Kailash Park areas while a property in Inderpuri has been sealed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill