NDMC terminates engineer after electrocution incident
A junior engineer of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation was on Friday terminated following an electrocution incident in a park in Pitampura area, which claimed the lives of a man and his pet dog.
New Delhi: A junior engineer of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation was on Friday terminated following an electrocution incident in a park in Pitampura area, which claimed the lives of a man and his pet dog.
The incident took place on Sunday night around 10 PM when the man, who had gone to the park to walk his dog, touched some wire, a senior official of the NDMC said.
Commissioner of North Delhi Municipal Corporation Praveen Gupta after taking into consideration the report submitted to him in the case today decided to terminate Junior Engineer (Electrical) Pradeep Kumar, who has been relieved of his duties, the official said.
The action from NDMC comes after the matter was raised in the meeting of the civic body by the area councillor on Monday, he said.
In the wake of the incident, Gupta has directed all concerned to check such vulnerable electric fitting points for safety of the public and get them properly cased.
He said that the inspection and improvement in such fittings be made simultaneously without any delay to prevent any untoward incident.
Commissioner added that this inspection should be in wider perspective covering all the institutions of the local body, including school, community halls, health institutions and office premises besides parks and gardens.
He also directed that before installation of fancy lights in future, the feasibility be studied thoroughly for requirement, stability, service and safety.