NDMC to start spl coaching for professional entrance exams
New Delhi: The students of plus-two level in
NDMC schools will now have a helping hand in preparing
themselves for entrance exams for professional courses.
`Lakshya`, a new scheme being launched by the New Delhi
Municipal Council, will aim at giving special coaching to
students of class XI and XII in NDMC and Navyug schools in the
city to help them get admission in courses like medical and
engineering, among others.
"Other than the regular classes, we will be holding
special classes to help the students prepare themselves for
competitive examinations and entrance exams to professional
courses," NDMC Director (Education) Mamta Agarwal said.
She said the scheme will be launched from the next
academic session starting July 1.
"We will make available our best teachers for the
classes. Other than that, we are also contemplating entering
into tie-ups with professional private agencies giving
coaching for professional courses, like Narayana Institute,
Vidyamandir or Akash Institute," she said.
NDMC runs 66 schools from primary to senior secondary
level, other than 11 Navyug schools. There are five senior
secondary schools in Ansari Nagar, Mandir Marg, Gole Market
(2) and Moti Bagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales