NDMC to start spl coaching for professional entrance exams
New Delhi: The students of plus-two level in
NDMC schools will now have a helping hand in preparing
themselves for entrance exams for professional courses.
`Lakshya`, a new scheme being launched by the New Delhi
Municipal Council, will aim at giving special coaching to
students of class XI and XII in NDMC and Navyug schools in the
city to help them get admission in courses like medical and
engineering, among others.
"Other than the regular classes, we will be holding
special classes to help the students prepare themselves for
competitive examinations and entrance exams to professional
courses," NDMC Director (Education) Mamta Agarwal said.
She said the scheme will be launched from the next
academic session starting July 1.
"We will make available our best teachers for the
classes. Other than that, we are also contemplating entering
into tie-ups with professional private agencies giving
coaching for professional courses, like Narayana Institute,
Vidyamandir or Akash Institute," she said.
NDMC runs 66 schools from primary to senior secondary
level, other than 11 Navyug schools. There are five senior
secondary schools in Ansari Nagar, Mandir Marg, Gole Market
(2) and Moti Bagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions