NDMC won`t deny admission to any local student in its schools
New Delhi: No child residing in areas under the jurisdiction of New Delhi Municipal Council will be denied admission in any school run by the civic agency.
A decision in this regard was taken at a meeting today between NDMC chairperson Jalaj Shrivastava and New Delhi MLA Arvind Kejriwal, who is also a member of the council, NDMC officials said.
AAP chief Kejriwal met Shrivastava following complaints by parents about difficulties being faced by them in getting their children admitted in schools under NDMC jurisdiction, the Aam Aadmi Party said in a statement.
According to the new arrangement, the NDMC has agreed to have extra sections in classes, in which new admissions will take place and teachers will be made available, it said.
Parents who are facing problems can contact any NDMC member and Kejriwal`s office can also be contacted by the concerned parents directly, it added.
The party has also said that the decision is in accordance with the Right to Education Act and that the civic agency will accept all applications for any class in the schools run by it.
Kejriwal said the AAP government had given priority to education and health during its brief tenure.
He reminded that the AAP government had allocated Rs 1 lakh for every school in the national capital for providing basic amenities and the current administration should continue the welfare steps in full swing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!