Nearly 650 DTC drivers face disciplinary action
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has
initiated disciplinary action against 647 drivers and
conductors after finding them "guilty" of dereliction of duty.
The Corporation had launched a special drive last week to
improve its bus operation during which 391 drivers and 256
conductors were found violating laid down norms, a senior DTC
One employee has already been terminated from the service
while two others were suspended.
The Corporation has deployed about 100 officers and
around 900 traffic supervisory staff to supervise the bus
operation as part of the drive which was launched on February
16 and will continue till February 29.
The main objective of the drive was to sensitise the bus
crew towards their duties, basic etiquettes while dealing with
passengers and to have a vigilant approach to ensure overall
During the course of the drive, 1,303 drivers and
conductors were found without uniform while 168 cases of
improper parking and 47 cases of not stopping the bus at
designated bus stops were reported.
Fourteen cases of using mobile phone by drivers while
driving were also reported while eight drivers and conductors
were found smoking on duty.
A total of 1,074 passengers were found travelling without
tickets, said the DTC official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!