Nearly 7K illegal Bangladeshi immigrants held in Delhi in 5yrs
New Delhi: Nearly 7,000 Bangladeshi immigrants have been apprehended by Delhi Police for staying illegally in the national capital in last five years.
A total of 6,942 Bangladeshi were either arrested or handed over to Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) for their deportation in last five years, according to the information provided by Delhi Police in reply to a RTI query filed by activist HR Bansal.
In North Delhi district, 1,369 immigrants were apprehended of which 1,360 were sent to FRRO while nine were arrested for their involvement in crime.
A large number of illegal immigrants, 3,419, were apprehended and handed over to FRRO from South district while 344 in Central district, 660 in South West district, Outer district 47, South East 200 and 903 from West district.
No Bangladeshi were residing illegally in New Delhi district while other districts had no record, the RTI reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics