‘Need for `innovative` funding for Metro projects’
New Delhi: Urban Development Minister Kamal
Nath on Thursday batted for evolving "innovative" financial methods
either in PPP or fully private mode for funding Metro projects
in the country.
Nath also said the Centre has approved two more Metro
lines to Haryana with the nod being given to Badarpur-YMCA
Chowk corridor and Mundka to Bahadurgarh. The Detailed Project
Report for Dwarka Sec 21 to Gurgaon Sec 29 is under the
appraisal of the ministry, he said.
"We need to find innovative financial methods either in
PPP or fully private mode to fund Metro projects. Haryana has
taken the first step in giving a Metro project to private
company," he said at the MoU signing ceremony of Rapid Metro
between Delhi Metro, Haryana Government and his Ministry.
The Rapid Metro that connects the existing Sikanderpur
Metro station with the NH-8 is the first fully private-owned
Metro to be constructed in the capital.
The 5-km link to be constructed at a cost of Rs 1088 crore
will help lakhs of people, Nath said.
Under the MoU signed today, in the event of failure of the
private party to commission or operate the system in future,
the project would be taken over by the Delhi Metro.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said plans
were afoot to expand the private Metro network to 20 kms of
the Millennium City.
Contending that organised and planned sub-urbanisation is
the way out now, Nath said the increased Metro network in the
capital is a major step towards that.
The Minister said he has convened a meeting of Chief
Ministers of NCR states on December 27 to evolve a plan for
the next five years.
"In the meeting, we will decide the plan for next five
years. Every state in NCR needs connectivity for their needs.
So we will discuss that there," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in