Need milk in jail, Delhi gang-rape accused tells court
New Delhi: Vinay Sharma, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, Monday filed an application in a fast track court here seeking milk and fruit in his jail diet.
Sharma`s application to Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna said he was a student and it was "his right" that milk and fruits be provided to him during judicial custody.
"It`s his (Vinay`s) right as a child and student to get milk and fruits," Sharma`s counsel told the judge, who asked Tihar Jail authorities to file a reply.
Sharma`s lawyer said his client, a B.A. first year student, had received a letter from the Indian Air Force for a test April 7 for a Group C job.
He said Sharma should also be given access to newspapers to prepare for the test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened