Need to link all rivers: BJP
Hisar: To improve the economic condition of farmers and to register a consistent growth, separate budgets should be prepared for agriculture at the Centre and state levels, BJP general secretary Abhimanyu said on Sunday.
The Minimum Support Price (MSP) should be replaced by the Remunerative Support Price (RSP) as recommended by the Swaminathan Commission, he told reporters here.
The crop insurance should ensure that the farmers were not ruined, he said adding the increasing number of suicides by farmers showed their deteriorating economic condition.
The national economy was totally based on agriculture, he said adding the time had come when all the rivers of the country should be linked.
This decision would save the nation from huge losses caused by floods and drought, the BJP leader said.
Abhimanyu vehemently opposed the move of the state government to acquire land in Gorakhpur for a nuclear power project.
"All the developed countries are gradually closing down their nuclear power plants but our government is going to imperil the existence of its own people.
"The farmers have the right to refuse the acquisition of their land. Our party has already supported the stir of the farmers of Gorakhpur village where the proposed nuclear plant is to be established," Abhimanyu said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference