Need to link all rivers: BJP
Hisar: To improve the economic condition of farmers and to register a consistent growth, separate budgets should be prepared for agriculture at the Centre and state levels, BJP general secretary Abhimanyu said on Sunday.
The Minimum Support Price (MSP) should be replaced by the Remunerative Support Price (RSP) as recommended by the Swaminathan Commission, he told reporters here.
The crop insurance should ensure that the farmers were not ruined, he said adding the increasing number of suicides by farmers showed their deteriorating economic condition.
The national economy was totally based on agriculture, he said adding the time had come when all the rivers of the country should be linked.
This decision would save the nation from huge losses caused by floods and drought, the BJP leader said.
Abhimanyu vehemently opposed the move of the state government to acquire land in Gorakhpur for a nuclear power project.
"All the developed countries are gradually closing down their nuclear power plants but our government is going to imperil the existence of its own people.
"The farmers have the right to refuse the acquisition of their land. Our party has already supported the stir of the farmers of Gorakhpur village where the proposed nuclear plant is to be established," Abhimanyu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing