Neeraj Kumar takes over as Tihar DG
New Delhi: Delhi Police Special
Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has taken over as the new director
general of Tihar jail.
Kumar, a 1976-batch IPS officer, succeeded B K Gupta
who joined Delhi Police as its commissioner. He took charge on
He was the number two in Delhi Police handling
administration, which has now been given to Ajay Chadha, a
Besides Gupta, the names of Kumar and Chadha were in
the panel sent to Union Home Ministry for the post of Delhi
Police Commissioner after Y S Dadwal was appointed to the post
of Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars