Neighbour held for abduction, rape of 14-yr-old girl
New Delhi: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and raped for two days by a youth from her neighbourhood, police said on Thursday.
The girl was rescued last night and the youth, identified as Vikas (22), was arrested today after the victim`s medical report confirmed rape, police said.
The teenaged girl, who lives in New Ashok Nagar, Block B, had gone missing last Tuesday after stepping outside her house, following which an FIR was lodged.
"Vikas, who lives in the girl`s neighbourhood, too, was missing since Tuesday. After it was learnt from sources that he was holding the girl captive in the Shashi Garden area of Pandav Nagar, a raid was immediately conducted and the girl rescued," police added.
The girl in her statement told police that the accused, a who is a labourer by profession, allegedly raped her several times during the last two days.
After her medical report confirmed rape, a case under Sections 363, 376, 342 of IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act was registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'