Neither I nor UPA govt helpless: Soni
New Delhi: Facing criticism from Opposition, I&B Minister Ambika Soni on Tuesday hit back saying neither she nor the UPA government was helpless in tackling the issue of telecast of offending advertisements on television.
"Neither I as Minister feel myself helpless nor is the government helpless. If this is what you think then this is your misunderstanding," Soni said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour.
The Minister was responding to sharp comments from Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj advising her to convene an all party meeting if she felt helpless in tackling offending advertisements on television channels depicting women in poor light.
Soni said the government has set up a Group of Ministers on different media related issues.
"Let the GoM complete its deliberations on the issue, let the agenda be ready for such discussions....After that I would be happy to call an all party meeting on the issue," Soni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda