Neither I nor UPA govt helpless: Soni
New Delhi: Facing criticism from Opposition, I&B Minister Ambika Soni on Tuesday hit back saying neither she nor the UPA government was helpless in tackling the issue of telecast of offending advertisements on television.
"Neither I as Minister feel myself helpless nor is the government helpless. If this is what you think then this is your misunderstanding," Soni said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour.
The Minister was responding to sharp comments from Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj advising her to convene an all party meeting if she felt helpless in tackling offending advertisements on television channels depicting women in poor light.
Soni said the government has set up a Group of Ministers on different media related issues.
"Let the GoM complete its deliberations on the issue, let the agenda be ready for such discussions....After that I would be happy to call an all party meeting on the issue," Soni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional