Neither I nor UPA govt helpless: Soni
New Delhi: Facing criticism from Opposition, I&B Minister Ambika Soni on Tuesday hit back saying neither she nor the UPA government was helpless in tackling the issue of telecast of offending advertisements on television.
"Neither I as Minister feel myself helpless nor is the government helpless. If this is what you think then this is your misunderstanding," Soni said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour.
The Minister was responding to sharp comments from Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj advising her to convene an all party meeting if she felt helpless in tackling offending advertisements on television channels depicting women in poor light.
Soni said the government has set up a Group of Ministers on different media related issues.
"Let the GoM complete its deliberations on the issue, let the agenda be ready for such discussions....After that I would be happy to call an all party meeting on the issue," Soni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly