Neither I nor UPA govt helpless: Soni
New Delhi: Facing criticism from Opposition, I&B Minister Ambika Soni on Tuesday hit back saying neither she nor the UPA government was helpless in tackling the issue of telecast of offending advertisements on television.
"Neither I as Minister feel myself helpless nor is the government helpless. If this is what you think then this is your misunderstanding," Soni said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour.
The Minister was responding to sharp comments from Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj advising her to convene an all party meeting if she felt helpless in tackling offending advertisements on television channels depicting women in poor light.
Soni said the government has set up a Group of Ministers on different media related issues.
"Let the GoM complete its deliberations on the issue, let the agenda be ready for such discussions....After that I would be happy to call an all party meeting on the issue," Soni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM