Networking sites abuzz after gang-rape victim`s death
New Delhi: Following the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, people took to Facebook and Twitter to vent their ire, demanding punishment for the culprits and more security for women.
Criticising the authorities for doing little to protect women, Soumyadipta Singh from Orissa wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter: "Kanun mein badlav layenge, aisa karenge, waisa karenge..etc...kaha the aap baba log?" (We will bring in changes in the law, we will do this, we will do that... where were you till now?)
Puja Mohindra from Los Angeles called for another freedom struggle, but this time for women.
"In 1947, Indians fought for their freedom. In 2013, Indians must fight for women`s freedom," she tweeted.
Stressing on the need for stringent punishment for rapists, Srijith Balakrishnan from Kerala tweeted: "Now I think Cutting `Hands` for Change is better than Joining Hands for Change."
Fauzan Umar, a young professional from in Delhi posted on Facebook: "Behan hum sharminda hain, tumhare katil abhi zinda hain" (Sister, we are ashamed because your killers are still alive).
Sonia Raina mocked on Twitter the high security cover put around India Gate to foil mass protests, saying had the authorities been "so alert" earlier, the rape victim would have been alive today.
Bharat Punglia tweeted: "The ad of Incredible India should also add this fact -- A Nation where Daughters are neither safe inside WOMB nor in streets."
Vidushi Sathoo wrote on Twitter: "The girl hasn`t died. She`s moved to a better world where no rapes happen. RIP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow