Networking sites abuzz after gang-rape victim`s death
New Delhi: Following the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, people took to Facebook and Twitter to vent their ire, demanding punishment for the culprits and more security for women.
Criticising the authorities for doing little to protect women, Soumyadipta Singh from Orissa wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter: "Kanun mein badlav layenge, aisa karenge, waisa karenge..etc...kaha the aap baba log?" (We will bring in changes in the law, we will do this, we will do that... where were you till now?)
Puja Mohindra from Los Angeles called for another freedom struggle, but this time for women.
"In 1947, Indians fought for their freedom. In 2013, Indians must fight for women`s freedom," she tweeted.
Stressing on the need for stringent punishment for rapists, Srijith Balakrishnan from Kerala tweeted: "Now I think Cutting `Hands` for Change is better than Joining Hands for Change."
Fauzan Umar, a young professional from in Delhi posted on Facebook: "Behan hum sharminda hain, tumhare katil abhi zinda hain" (Sister, we are ashamed because your killers are still alive).
Sonia Raina mocked on Twitter the high security cover put around India Gate to foil mass protests, saying had the authorities been "so alert" earlier, the rape victim would have been alive today.
Bharat Punglia tweeted: "The ad of Incredible India should also add this fact -- A Nation where Daughters are neither safe inside WOMB nor in streets."
Vidushi Sathoo wrote on Twitter: "The girl hasn`t died. She`s moved to a better world where no rapes happen. RIP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi