New-born girl`s body found in west Delhi dump
New Delhi: In what appears to be a case of female infanticide, the body of a new-born girl was recovered from a dump in the national capital on Thursday.
The body, discarded in a garbage dump in west Delhi`s Bharat Nagar area, had been bundled into a polythene bag. The bag caught the attention of locals when street dogs started dragging it.
People passing by located the bag and informed police Thursday morning.
"The body of the child was discovered early at around 8.30 am in the morning when a passerby in Delhi`s Bharat Nagar area suddenly saw street dogs barking and fighting over a packed polythene bag. On close inspection, parts of the newborn were seen," a police officer said.
While the family or the identity of the child has yet to be ascertained, police officials said that some hospital documents have been found in the dump.
Police will wait for 72 hours before conducting a post-mortem to give time to the parents of the child to claim the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack