New headquarters for Delhi Police to come up
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Thursday entered into an agreement with a Mumbai-based company for development of new Police Headquarters building at Parliament Street costing around Rs 202 crore.
Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar signed the agreement with M/s UNITY Infra Projects Ltd for the project which also includes residential complex and related infrastructure and services on the prime site at Parliament Street through Public Private Partnership mode on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (the DBFOT) basis.
"As per the concession agreement, the project will be completed within 840 days. This building will have a twin tower block of nine storeys each along with interconnecting corridors having reception/lobby/facilities/conference room etc.”
"It will be a modern office building conforming to green building norms," a senior police official said.
The central court would be landscaped with trees, paved area and water feature etc built over the basement parking.
The elevation of the building has been designed to do justice to the rich heritage of the site location, formal nature of the organisation’s work, dynamic modern and contemporary image required and to have a lasting landmark in the city’s landscape.
The total area available for the development of the Police headquarters Complex is 8.092 acres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video