New power sub-station to come up in South Delhi
New Delhi: Residents of South Delhi may face less power cuts as power discom BSES Reliance Power Ltd will install a 66/11 KV grid sub-station at Jasola.
Chief Minister Sheila Diskhit on Friday laid the foundation stone of the Rs 26 crore grid sub-station in south Delhi. It will be 79th sub-station in Delhi.
"This grid sub-station in Jasola will improve the quality of power and water supply for lakhs of people in South Delhi. Residents in posh areas like Sarita Vihar, New Friends Colony, Sukhdev Vihar, Zakir Nagar and those in densely populated colonies like Shaheen Bagh, Abul Fazal Enclave and Madanpur Khadar will also benefit," a BSES statement said.
The grid will also benefit important establishments in the Jasola district centre and the Delhi Jal Board pumping station in the area.
The power demand of the area is over 130 MW. It has been increasing at around eight to 10 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'