New power sub-station to come up in South Delhi
New Delhi: Residents of South Delhi may face less power cuts as power discom BSES Reliance Power Ltd will install a 66/11 KV grid sub-station at Jasola.
Chief Minister Sheila Diskhit on Friday laid the foundation stone of the Rs 26 crore grid sub-station in south Delhi. It will be 79th sub-station in Delhi.
"This grid sub-station in Jasola will improve the quality of power and water supply for lakhs of people in South Delhi. Residents in posh areas like Sarita Vihar, New Friends Colony, Sukhdev Vihar, Zakir Nagar and those in densely populated colonies like Shaheen Bagh, Abul Fazal Enclave and Madanpur Khadar will also benefit," a BSES statement said.
The grid will also benefit important establishments in the Jasola district centre and the Delhi Jal Board pumping station in the area.
The power demand of the area is over 130 MW. It has been increasing at around eight to 10 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report