New power sub-station to come up in South Delhi
New Delhi: Residents of South Delhi may face less power cuts as power discom BSES Reliance Power Ltd will install a 66/11 KV grid sub-station at Jasola.
Chief Minister Sheila Diskhit on Friday laid the foundation stone of the Rs 26 crore grid sub-station in south Delhi. It will be 79th sub-station in Delhi.
"This grid sub-station in Jasola will improve the quality of power and water supply for lakhs of people in South Delhi. Residents in posh areas like Sarita Vihar, New Friends Colony, Sukhdev Vihar, Zakir Nagar and those in densely populated colonies like Shaheen Bagh, Abul Fazal Enclave and Madanpur Khadar will also benefit," a BSES statement said.
The grid will also benefit important establishments in the Jasola district centre and the Delhi Jal Board pumping station in the area.
The power demand of the area is over 130 MW. It has been increasing at around eight to 10 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New winners of smart city: Check out complete list
- Have you seen Urmila Matondkar, hubby Mohsin Akhtar's LATEST pic?
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Punjab school education board 10th result to be declared shortly. Check www.pseb.ac.in
- Freeze frame! ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan and ‘Aarfa’ Anushka Sharma in a ‘romantic’ still – See pic
- Watch: World's fastest helicopter that may revolutionise air travel!