New timings for Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place at 8 am every Saturday.
The 40-minute ceremony was being held at 9 am but with the onset of summers, the schedule is being changed.
"The new summer timings for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0800 hrs to 0840 hrs till the end of August," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
"During the ceremony, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army Guards change guard with clock-work precision. This ceremony takes place at North and South Block square and inside gate no 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
The exercise involves inspection of the new guard, nomination of sentries, a formal march to take post and exchange of compliments by the Guards. It is also accompanied by the playing of an impressive band.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing