New timings for Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place at 8 am every Saturday.
The 40-minute ceremony was being held at 9 am but with the onset of summers, the schedule is being changed.
"The new summer timings for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0800 hrs to 0840 hrs till the end of August," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
"During the ceremony, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army Guards change guard with clock-work precision. This ceremony takes place at North and South Block square and inside gate no 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
The exercise involves inspection of the new guard, nomination of sentries, a formal march to take post and exchange of compliments by the Guards. It is also accompanied by the playing of an impressive band.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof