New timings for Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place at 8 am every Saturday.
The 40-minute ceremony was being held at 9 am but with the onset of summers, the schedule is being changed.
"The new summer timings for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0800 hrs to 0840 hrs till the end of August," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
"During the ceremony, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army Guards change guard with clock-work precision. This ceremony takes place at North and South Block square and inside gate no 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
The exercise involves inspection of the new guard, nomination of sentries, a formal march to take post and exchange of compliments by the Guards. It is also accompanied by the playing of an impressive band.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?