New timings for Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place at 8 am every Saturday.
The 40-minute ceremony was being held at 9 am but with the onset of summers, the schedule is being changed.
"The new summer timings for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0800 hrs to 0840 hrs till the end of August," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
"During the ceremony, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army Guards change guard with clock-work precision. This ceremony takes place at North and South Block square and inside gate no 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
The exercise involves inspection of the new guard, nomination of sentries, a formal march to take post and exchange of compliments by the Guards. It is also accompanied by the playing of an impressive band.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing