New timings for Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place at 8 am every Saturday.
The 40-minute ceremony was being held at 9 am but with the onset of summers, the schedule is being changed.
"The new summer timings for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0800 hrs to 0840 hrs till the end of August," a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
"During the ceremony, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army Guards change guard with clock-work precision. This ceremony takes place at North and South Block square and inside gate no 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
The exercise involves inspection of the new guard, nomination of sentries, a formal march to take post and exchange of compliments by the Guards. It is also accompanied by the playing of an impressive band.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar's bail may be cancelled by Delhi High Court - Know why
- Prashant Bhushan takes dig at Smriti Irani, says 'Will HRD be renamed Hindu Rashtra Development Ministry?'
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer