NFR GM under CVC scanner for graft
New Delhi: A top official of North East Frontier Railway (NFR) has come under the scanner of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) for alleged irregularities in procurement of perfume dispensers for air conditioned coaches.
CVC has issued a charge sheet against NFR General Manager Ranjit Singh Virdi, officials said.
The Vigilance Directorates under the Ministry of Railways had initiated an inquiry into the irregularities in purchase of perfume dispensers on the basis of a media report. After completion of inquiry, the report was sent to CVC for necessary action. Acting on the report, CVC has issued the charge sheet against the officer, they said.
Calls made to Virdi, a 1972 batch officer of Indian Railways Service of Mechanical Engineers, seeking his comments did not elicit any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH