NGO funding: Court rejects plea for FIR against Khurshids
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday dismissed a plea seeking registration of an FIR against Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds meant for a family-run trust, saying it has no "territorial jurisdiction".
Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan rejected the petition of Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga, president of a Delhi- based youth organisation Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, saying he should file the case before a court in Uttar Pradesh.
"... The court is of the view that this court does not have the territorial jurisdiction to try and decide the present case.
"Hence, the complaint is returned to the complainant (Bagga) with the advice that he should file the case before proper court which can try the same," the court said, adding that Bagga should file the complaint in Uttar Pradesh.
The order came on a petition by Bagga, who alleged that the Khurshids had misappropriated funds worth over Rs 71 lakh meant for Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
In his petition, Bagga has sought the court`s directions to the Jamia Nagar police station in South Delhi to lodge an FIR against the Khurshids and hold an inquiry into the alleged misappropriation of funds.
The judge, however, shot down Bagga`s request saying neither the court can order nor the Jamia Nagar police station has territorial jurisdiction to register case against the respondents (the Khurshids).
The judge, in a three-page order, also said Bagga can file the case before a proper court in Uttar Pradesh as the said crime took place there and the issue related to the misappropriation of funds also happened there.
Bagga had pleaded the court to direct the police to lodge an FIR against Khurshid and Louise under various provisions of Indian Penal Code related to cheating, forgery, using false documents in judicial proceedings and under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das