NHAI case: Hearing of bail plea of pvt firm officials on June 8
New Delhi: A Delhi court has fixed June 8 as
the date for hearing the bail plea of two top officials of a
private construction firm in a corruption case in which two
senior officials of the National Highway Authority of India
are also allegedly involved.
Additional Sessions Judge O P Saini, who asked CBI to
file its reply on the bail applications of accused K S Bakshi
and S K Dikshit, fixed them for hearing on June one.
The accused duo, in their bail plea, alleged a frame up
and sought their release on the ground that CBI could not
find substantial evidence against them.
Bakshi, the Managing Director of Oriental Structure Pvt
Ltd, his employee Dikshit, NHAI Chief General Manager S K
Nirmal and General Manager Nitin Jain were arrested by the
probe agency on May 26 for misappropriations concerning
allocation of certain contracts.
Earlier, the court allowed CBI to quiz them in custody
for five days after it was alleged that the two NHAI officials
allegedly favoured the private construction firm in allocation
The agency has alleged that the officers entered
into a criminal conspiracy with the MD of the private firm and
favoured it in bagging contracts for a project in Maharashtra
and Madhya Pradesh.
It has also been alleged that the officers of NHAI gave
key confidential, strategic and vital information to the
company during the tendering process, which in turn helped it
gain greater financial benefits.
CBI had carried out extensive searches at eight places
in the national capital and Jaipur during which it claimed
to have recovered Rs 48 lakh from Jain`s house and another Rs
52 lakh from his bank locker besides 100 grams of gold.
It also claimed to have recovered Rs 46 lakh from
Nirmal`s house besides 360 grams of gold and five kilograms of
silver from his locker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader