NHAI case: Hearing of bail plea of pvt firm officials on June 8
New Delhi: A Delhi court has fixed June 8 as
the date for hearing the bail plea of two top officials of a
private construction firm in a corruption case in which two
senior officials of the National Highway Authority of India
are also allegedly involved.
Additional Sessions Judge O P Saini, who asked CBI to
file its reply on the bail applications of accused K S Bakshi
and S K Dikshit, fixed them for hearing on June one.
The accused duo, in their bail plea, alleged a frame up
and sought their release on the ground that CBI could not
find substantial evidence against them.
Bakshi, the Managing Director of Oriental Structure Pvt
Ltd, his employee Dikshit, NHAI Chief General Manager S K
Nirmal and General Manager Nitin Jain were arrested by the
probe agency on May 26 for misappropriations concerning
allocation of certain contracts.
Earlier, the court allowed CBI to quiz them in custody
for five days after it was alleged that the two NHAI officials
allegedly favoured the private construction firm in allocation
The agency has alleged that the officers entered
into a criminal conspiracy with the MD of the private firm and
favoured it in bagging contracts for a project in Maharashtra
and Madhya Pradesh.
It has also been alleged that the officers of NHAI gave
key confidential, strategic and vital information to the
company during the tendering process, which in turn helped it
gain greater financial benefits.
CBI had carried out extensive searches at eight places
in the national capital and Jaipur during which it claimed
to have recovered Rs 48 lakh from Jain`s house and another Rs
52 lakh from his bank locker besides 100 grams of gold.
It also claimed to have recovered Rs 46 lakh from
Nirmal`s house besides 360 grams of gold and five kilograms of
silver from his locker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH