NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission on Tuesday issued notice to the Delhi government on an
incident of an electric wire falling on houses which injured
at least 22 people.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the
incident in Khajuri Khaz, the NHRC said the reports, if true,
raise serious issues of violation of human rights.
The Commission issued notice to Delhi Chief Secretary to
submit his comments in the matter within four weeks.
The NHRC also directed the Chief Secretary to inform the
Commission as to what steps are being taken by the Delhi
Government to prevent such type of incidents in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail