NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission on Tuesday issued notice to the Delhi government on an
incident of an electric wire falling on houses which injured
at least 22 people.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the
incident in Khajuri Khaz, the NHRC said the reports, if true,
raise serious issues of violation of human rights.
The Commission issued notice to Delhi Chief Secretary to
submit his comments in the matter within four weeks.
The NHRC also directed the Chief Secretary to inform the
Commission as to what steps are being taken by the Delhi
Government to prevent such type of incidents in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?