NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission on Tuesday issued notice to the Delhi government on an
incident of an electric wire falling on houses which injured
at least 22 people.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the
incident in Khajuri Khaz, the NHRC said the reports, if true,
raise serious issues of violation of human rights.
The Commission issued notice to Delhi Chief Secretary to
submit his comments in the matter within four weeks.
The NHRC also directed the Chief Secretary to inform the
Commission as to what steps are being taken by the Delhi
Government to prevent such type of incidents in future.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'