NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission on Tuesday issued notice to the Delhi government on an
incident of an electric wire falling on houses which injured
at least 22 people.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the
incident in Khajuri Khaz, the NHRC said the reports, if true,
raise serious issues of violation of human rights.
The Commission issued notice to Delhi Chief Secretary to
submit his comments in the matter within four weeks.
The NHRC also directed the Chief Secretary to inform the
Commission as to what steps are being taken by the Delhi
Government to prevent such type of incidents in future.
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala