NHRC issues notice to Delhi govt
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission on Tuesday issued notice to the Delhi government on an
incident of an electric wire falling on houses which injured
at least 22 people.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports regarding the
incident in Khajuri Khaz, the NHRC said the reports, if true,
raise serious issues of violation of human rights.
The Commission issued notice to Delhi Chief Secretary to
submit his comments in the matter within four weeks.
The NHRC also directed the Chief Secretary to inform the
Commission as to what steps are being taken by the Delhi
Government to prevent such type of incidents in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof