NHRC seeks report on alleged exam centre goof-up by IP
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Friday sought a report from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IP) over an alleged goof-up involving an examination centre for engineering entrance test which caused hardships to the candidates.
According to an NHRC statement, the rights panel issued notices to the vice-chancellor and the controller of examination, IP University asking them to submit reports in this regard within two weeks.
The notice were issued after the commission took suo motu cognisance of a media report that IP University goofed-up with the examination centre due to which about 70 aspirants appearing for its engineering programmes lost nearly an hour to write their entrance test and no extra time was given to the them, the statement said.
The aspirants to the engineering programme on reaching the venue of the entrance test on Sunday, May 19, 2013 found that Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sector 22, Rohini -- the venue mentioned in their admit cards -- was locked as it was shut down ten years ago, it was claimed,
With about 10 minutes for the start of the exam scheduled for 2.00 pm, worried parents called up university officials and were told to rush to the Maharaja Agrasen College, which is affiliated to the varsity. In the process, some students lost nearly an hour and reached the venue at 3.00 pm, the statement said.
The Commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of rights to education of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- 7th Pay Commission: Even ‘good performance’ not good enough for salary hike, promotion
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!