NHRC seeks report on alleged exam centre goof-up by IP
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Friday sought a report from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IP) over an alleged goof-up involving an examination centre for engineering entrance test which caused hardships to the candidates.
According to an NHRC statement, the rights panel issued notices to the vice-chancellor and the controller of examination, IP University asking them to submit reports in this regard within two weeks.
The notice were issued after the commission took suo motu cognisance of a media report that IP University goofed-up with the examination centre due to which about 70 aspirants appearing for its engineering programmes lost nearly an hour to write their entrance test and no extra time was given to the them, the statement said.
The aspirants to the engineering programme on reaching the venue of the entrance test on Sunday, May 19, 2013 found that Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sector 22, Rohini -- the venue mentioned in their admit cards -- was locked as it was shut down ten years ago, it was claimed,
With about 10 minutes for the start of the exam scheduled for 2.00 pm, worried parents called up university officials and were told to rush to the Maharaja Agrasen College, which is affiliated to the varsity. In the process, some students lost nearly an hour and reached the venue at 3.00 pm, the statement said.
The Commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raise a serious issue of violation of rights to education of the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you