NIA gets remand of Delhi HC blast suspect
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday produced one of the three suspects in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast in a court here and got remand till Oct 5.
Abid Hussain, who along with Shariq Ahmed and Amir Abbas Dev, was brought here Wednesday on transit remand by the NIA team from Jammu and Kashmir, was produced in the court of District and Sessions Judge HS Sharma.
Hussain was brought to the Patiala house court around 8.30 am and an in-house camera proceeding is on, as per the NIA`s request.
The other two suspects are expected to be produced later in the day.
The blast at the Delhi High Court killed 15 people.
Dev, arrested by NIA Sep 16, was remanded in police custody for seven days, while Ahmed and Hussain were arrested Sep 13 and sent to police custody for 10 days.
The accused have been booked under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race or language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty) of the Indian Penal Code.
NIA has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about the perpetrators of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok