NIA gets remand of Delhi HC blast suspect
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday produced one of the three suspects in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast in a court here and got remand till Oct 5.
Abid Hussain, who along with Shariq Ahmed and Amir Abbas Dev, was brought here Wednesday on transit remand by the NIA team from Jammu and Kashmir, was produced in the court of District and Sessions Judge HS Sharma.
Hussain was brought to the Patiala house court around 8.30 am and an in-house camera proceeding is on, as per the NIA`s request.
The other two suspects are expected to be produced later in the day.
The blast at the Delhi High Court killed 15 people.
Dev, arrested by NIA Sep 16, was remanded in police custody for seven days, while Ahmed and Hussain were arrested Sep 13 and sent to police custody for 10 days.
The accused have been booked under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race or language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty) of the Indian Penal Code.
NIA has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about the perpetrators of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what