NIA gets remand of Delhi HC blast suspect
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday produced one of the three suspects in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast in a court here and got remand till Oct 5.
Abid Hussain, who along with Shariq Ahmed and Amir Abbas Dev, was brought here Wednesday on transit remand by the NIA team from Jammu and Kashmir, was produced in the court of District and Sessions Judge HS Sharma.
Hussain was brought to the Patiala house court around 8.30 am and an in-house camera proceeding is on, as per the NIA`s request.
The other two suspects are expected to be produced later in the day.
The blast at the Delhi High Court killed 15 people.
Dev, arrested by NIA Sep 16, was remanded in police custody for seven days, while Ahmed and Hussain were arrested Sep 13 and sent to police custody for 10 days.
The accused have been booked under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race or language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty) of the Indian Penal Code.
NIA has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about the perpetrators of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends