NIA gets remand of Delhi HC blast suspect
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday produced one of the three suspects in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast in a court here and got remand till Oct 5.
Abid Hussain, who along with Shariq Ahmed and Amir Abbas Dev, was brought here Wednesday on transit remand by the NIA team from Jammu and Kashmir, was produced in the court of District and Sessions Judge HS Sharma.
Hussain was brought to the Patiala house court around 8.30 am and an in-house camera proceeding is on, as per the NIA`s request.
The other two suspects are expected to be produced later in the day.
The blast at the Delhi High Court killed 15 people.
Dev, arrested by NIA Sep 16, was remanded in police custody for seven days, while Ahmed and Hussain were arrested Sep 13 and sent to police custody for 10 days.
The accused have been booked under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race or language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty) of the Indian Penal Code.
NIA has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about the perpetrators of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional