NIA questions Hizb man in Delhi HC blast case
Jammu: The National Investigation Agency
(NIA) on Friday questioned Azhar Ali of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen in
connection with the Delhi High Court blast case at Kotbalwal
High security Jail in Jammu winter capital of Jammu and
Investigating officer of NIA H S Karniyal arrived at the
high security Kotbalwal jail after seeking the government`s
permission and questioned Ali briefly, official sources said.
After probing the Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami, the NIA has
turned its focus on the banned Hizbul Mujahideen terror group
and quizzed Ali, an alleged recruiter of the outfit at present
lodged in a jail.
NIA got permission from government to question the
Kishtawar resident arrested under Public Safety Act in 2009
for being allegedly involved in recruiting people from
Kishtwar area besides securing SIM cards for the outfit.
NIA reached Ali after they questioned Abid, the high
school boy who ostensibly sent an email after the September
seven Delhi High Court blast, had told investigators about the
person who had handed him over the pendrive carrying the
draft of the mail that was sent to media houses after the
incident on September 7.
While NIA failed to make any headway, it detained Abid`s
brother from Shillong who expressed complete ignorance about
After intensive questioning of Abid, the NIA team was told
about Ali that he had been involved in recruiting youths for
the Hizb terror group.
While Ali has been in jail for last two years, it was
highly unlikely that he could provide any lead to NIA which
has reached a dead end in probing the case, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city