NIA questions Hizb man in Delhi HC blast case
Jammu: The National Investigation Agency
(NIA) on Friday questioned Azhar Ali of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen in
connection with the Delhi High Court blast case at Kotbalwal
High security Jail in Jammu winter capital of Jammu and
Investigating officer of NIA H S Karniyal arrived at the
high security Kotbalwal jail after seeking the government`s
permission and questioned Ali briefly, official sources said.
After probing the Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami, the NIA has
turned its focus on the banned Hizbul Mujahideen terror group
and quizzed Ali, an alleged recruiter of the outfit at present
lodged in a jail.
NIA got permission from government to question the
Kishtawar resident arrested under Public Safety Act in 2009
for being allegedly involved in recruiting people from
Kishtwar area besides securing SIM cards for the outfit.
NIA reached Ali after they questioned Abid, the high
school boy who ostensibly sent an email after the September
seven Delhi High Court blast, had told investigators about the
person who had handed him over the pendrive carrying the
draft of the mail that was sent to media houses after the
incident on September 7.
While NIA failed to make any headway, it detained Abid`s
brother from Shillong who expressed complete ignorance about
After intensive questioning of Abid, the NIA team was told
about Ali that he had been involved in recruiting youths for
the Hizb terror group.
While Ali has been in jail for last two years, it was
highly unlikely that he could provide any lead to NIA which
has reached a dead end in probing the case, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional