New Delhi: Probe into the low intensity
blast outside Delhi High Court on May 25 has been handed over
to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) after Delhi Police
failed to make any headway in the case.
Official sources said a case was registered by the NIA as
the Delhi Police`s elite Special Cell was not able to make any
headway to find the planters or the group behind the incident,
which is suspected to be a dry run for September seven blast
that left 15 people dead.
The sources said it would be ascertained whether there
was any correlation with the September seven blast outside the
Delhi High Court, which is already being probed by NIA.
The NIA has re-registered the case under various sections
of Explosives Substances Act and Unlawful Activities
The low-intensity blast had taken placed near the
footpath of the Delhi High Court boundary wall parking area at
Gate number seven.
The May 25 blast continued to remain a mystery for the
investigators as the triggering mechanism of the explosion
could not be established conclusively so far and the forensic
experts were also differing on nature of explosive material
The May 25 explosion had broken an eight month lull after
a similar explosion near Jama Masjid ahead of the Commonwealth
Games in 2010.
The blast took place in a service lane outside the court
where lawyers` vehicles were parked.