NIA to file charge sheet against Headley soon
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency
(NIA) will soon file a charge sheet against Lashkar-e-Taiba
operative David Headley, a mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai
"NIA will file the charge sheet against Headley soon,"
Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters here.
Later, a top NIA official said the agency was in an
advanced stage of filing the charge sheet incorporating all
the evidence against Headley, the Pakistani-American who had
made multiple visits to India before and after the 26/11
"Probably, we will file the charge sheet next month," the
NIA official said.
Officials said that along with Headley, his accomplice and
Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Hussain Rana, who had helped
Headley conduct the recce for the terrorists to carry out the
attack, could also be named in the charge sheet.
Headley has entered into a plea bargain with the American
authorities while Rana has been convicted by a US court for
his involvement in planning to carry out terror attack in
NIA is also likely to name a few Pakistanis, including
the handlers of the ten terrorists who carried out the attack
in Mumbai, in the charge sheet it was planning to file.
Former Home Secretary GK Pillai had recently questioned
the motive behind the US entering into the plea bargain with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply