NIA to probe cases against NE terror group operati
New Delhi: NIA will probe cases against members of Manipur-based terror group People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) and its off-shoot United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK), Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Monday.
He said the cases against operatives of these two terror groups were handed over to National Investigation Agency (NIA) on November 20, this year.
Addressing a press conference here, Shinde said operatives of these two groups have allegedly raised funds through extortion and other illegal acts to carry out terrorist activities at various places including Delhi, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata and Patna and waging war against the state.
On the LTTE ban issue, Shinde said Unlawful Activities Prevention Tribunal led by Justice V K Jain has confirmed his Ministry`s notification of May 14, 2012 proscribing the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) as Unlawful Association under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act,1967.
"During this month, the notifications for banning the Hynniewtrap National Liberation Council (HNLC) with efffect from November 16, 2012, the National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) with effect from November 23 and the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) with effect from November 27 under Unlawful Activities (prevention) Act, 1967 were issued," he said.
Shinde said proposals of SREI SAHAJ-e-Village Limited and BHEL under the Special Industry Initiatives (SII) Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir were approved by the Ministry.
"In November, 2012, the President of India accorded assent to the Bombay Prevention of Fragmentations and Consolidation of Holdings (Gujarat Amendment) Bill, 2011 and the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2010," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing