NIA to set up offices in Maharashtra, UP, Kerala
New Delhi: Three new centres of National Investigation Agency may come up soon in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala. According to sources, the Ministry of Home Affairs has given a go ahead for three new NIA centres to be set up in Mumbai, Lucknow and Kochi.
As per reports accessed by Zeenews, the Mumbai based centre will be headed by a DIG level officer. The team will most likely consist of 120 members. Two officers amongst them will be of the SP rank. The other two centres, Lucknow and Kochi will have two SP rank officers heading it.
According to sources, the need to set up offices for NIA in these places was necessitated after the Mumbai blasts in July. For the Mumbai blasts investigations, the NIA had to depute officers from the national capital and also had to depend on the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad for logistical support. NIA has also reportedly sent a request to the Home Ministry for another centre to be set up in Guwahati.
During the investigations pertaining to David Headley and his linkages in the city, the NIA had supposedly faced problems because of lack of infrastructure. Keeping all this in mind, the setting up of these new centres is a step in facilitating the NIA to carry on its investigations without any hindrances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India