Nido Taniam`s death: Autopsy report likely today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The autopsy report of Arunachal student Nido Taniam expected today is likely to throw light on the cause of the death of the teen who was allegedly mercilessly beaten by a group of shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area last week.
The son of Congress MLA Nido Pavitra was declared dead in hospital a day after he was allegedly beaten by the shopkeepers.
Furious students from northeast took out a rally and protested against the racial discrimination in the national capital on Sunday.
A delegation from northeast had earlier met Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and BJP leader Dr Harshvardhan expressing concern about the security of northeastern students.
The incident took place last week when the teen had approached shopkeepers asking them for direction. However, they got into an altercation after the shopkeepers allegedly made fun of his hairstyle and passed racist comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter