Nido Taniam`s death: Autopsy report likely today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The autopsy report of Arunachal student Nido Taniam expected today is likely to throw light on the cause of the death of the teen who was allegedly mercilessly beaten by a group of shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area last week.
The son of Congress MLA Nido Pavitra was declared dead in hospital a day after he was allegedly beaten by the shopkeepers.
Furious students from northeast took out a rally and protested against the racial discrimination in the national capital on Sunday.
A delegation from northeast had earlier met Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and BJP leader Dr Harshvardhan expressing concern about the security of northeastern students.
The incident took place last week when the teen had approached shopkeepers asking them for direction. However, they got into an altercation after the shopkeepers allegedly made fun of his hairstyle and passed racist comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen