Nigerian arrested with cocaine worth Rs 1.5 crores
New Delhi: A Nigerian national was arrested here allegedly with 800 gram of cocaine with street value of around Rs 1.5 crore, police said on Thursday.
Amachi Jude Onyeka was apprehended from Saidullajab area last night.
Police said he was arrested when he came there to allegedly deliver the consignment to a customer.
"Two patrolling policemen signaled an autorickshaw to stop for routine checking. Two Nigerian nationals tried to run away deboarding the vehicle but the cops managed to overpower one. Efforts are on to catch the other," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka