Nigerian arrested with cocaine worth Rs 1.5 crores
New Delhi: A Nigerian national was arrested here allegedly with 800 gram of cocaine with street value of around Rs 1.5 crore, police said on Thursday.
Amachi Jude Onyeka was apprehended from Saidullajab area last night.
Police said he was arrested when he came there to allegedly deliver the consignment to a customer.
"Two patrolling policemen signaled an autorickshaw to stop for routine checking. Two Nigerian nationals tried to run away deboarding the vehicle but the cops managed to overpower one. Efforts are on to catch the other," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'